The Intrazone, episode 25: “SharePoint, You Look Marvelous”February 19, 2019
The SharePoint design team is hard at work to inspire this customer sentiment across the intranet marketplace: “Please, make it look like SharePoint.” The inspiration follows form and function – and the desire to provide a beautiful first-run experience alongside – one that stands on its own AND is configurable & customizable.
In this episode we go into the minds of the creative design team behind SharePoint. You'll learn about the gorgeous out-of-the-box experience and how that same rigor enables customers to make unique, beautiful, functional intranet sites. We talk with Principal Design Manager – Denise Trabona (LinkedIn | Twitter) and Omar Shahine (LinkedIn | Twitter) – Partner Director of Program Management for OneDrive and SharePoint.
And don't miss my Transylvanic impression attempt of Billy Crystal… (I tried – I really did).
This is THE DESIGN episode. By the end, you’ll be saying, “Make ours look like SharePoint!
(+ bonus: scroll to the end of this post to view a collection of beautiful customer intranet screenshots from Wavemaker, Beiersdorf AD, 3M, Microsoft and Contoso Inc.)
- The Intrazone Audience Survey
- Microsoft Tech Community
- SharePoint design guidance site
- SharePoint Look Book also can be downloaded as a PDF
- Nielsen Norman Group 2019 report: “10 best intranets award winners” and Video
- 3M Go was recognized as one of the winner of the 2019 Intranet Design Annual Award from the Nielsen Norman Group. A link to their story.
- Tenth of December by George Saunders
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint Conference North America, May 21-23, 2019, Las Vegas, NV; use one of these speaker codes to get $50 off your registration fee; pick the speaker that you're most excited to see, use that code when you register to save yourself money and give them kudos to let them know you’re interested in what they're doing at #SPC19.
- SPS Events, Twitter @SPS_Events (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint FestWashington, D.C. April 29 – May 3, 2019, Twitter @SharePointFest
- SPTechCon, Austin, TX, February 10-13, 2019
- North American Collaboration Summit, Branson, MO, March 14-15, 2019
- AIIM Conference, San Diego, CA, March 26-28, 2019 – reg code “MICROSOFT” gets you $100 off.
- European Collaboration Summit, Wiesbaden, Germany, May 27-29, 2019
- Microsoft Business Applications Summit, Atlanta, GA, June 10-11, 2019
- ESPC, European SharePoint Conference, Office 365 & Azure Conference – December 2-5, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- Microsoft Build 2019, May 6-8, 2019; Seattle, WA
- SharePoint Twitter @SharePoint
- Mark Kashman Twitter @mkashman
- Chris McNulty Twitter @cmcnulty2000
- Denise Trabona, Principal Design Manager (LinkedIn | Twitter)
- Omar Shahine, Partner Director, Program Manager (LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog)
- Katie Swanson, SharePoint Product Designer
+ highlighting our WINNERS of last episodes #BillChrisBadges & #SPC19PassGiveaway contests:
o Mike Hatheway (@MikeHatheway13) Digital Transformation Consultant in O365 and SharePoint – winner of the full SharePoint Conference 2019 pass.
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments via The Intrazone survey. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and content services throughout the year. We will do this, with design excellence, one episode at a time. And as Billy Crystal says, “Dahling – It’s not how you feel, it’s how. You. Look!” And, SharePoint — you look mahvelous!
BONUS LINK: “Have you ever asked what other companies do with their #SharePoint-based #intranet in #Office365?” [via @Sway; showcases 14 Microsoft SharePoint customer intranet stories].