Microsoft recognized as a Leader in Forrester Waves for both ECM and Cloud Content PlatformsAugust 26, 2019
We are thrilled to announce that Forrester has published their annual Wave reports for ECM Content Platforms and Cloud Content Platforms placing Microsoft consistently in the “Leaders” position.
The Forrester reports state that “Microsoft leads the pack with its global scale and support for the full content lifecycle” and that Microsoft 365 “the best fit for companies that want a single source of cloud content services” rounding out with the notion that “Microsoft should be short-listed by companies that rely on Office for content authoring and communication that need a solid set of repository, collaboration, and content automation capabilities.”
This recognition demonstrates our commitment to our customers, to provide the best content collaboration capabilities, including:
- Best with Microsoft 365—OneDrive and SharePoint are included with your subscription – a collective solution that enables you to edit and co-author Office documents across browser, mobile, and desktop apps—along with intelligent discovery and insights powered by Microsoft Search. Learn more about teamwork supported by Microsoft 365.
- World class file experiences and services – Microsoft 365 is the best place to put your files. Microsoft 365 delivers intelligent files experiences across apps – including SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Yammer, and Office – on the web, desktop, and mobile apps. Individuals, teams, and organizations share and work together from a single source of truth seamlessly, across applications and devices – turbocharged with AI and protected by industry-leading security and compliance.
- Support for a broad range of file types— Of course, Microsoft 365 offers incredible experiences for Office files. And now you can view over 320+ file types, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), Autodesk AutoCAD (DWG), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images. View all supported previewer file types.
- Security and IT confidence—Your files are secured with capabilities such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), eDiscovery, Customer Key (BYOK), files restore, ransomware protection, and data retention controls with consistent management across Microsoft 365. Learn more about SharePoint and OneDrive security and compliance.
- Deployment flexibility—Customers can choose their deployment model—cloud, hybrid, or on-premises. Customers moving to the cloud can leverage no-cost Microsoft FastTrack deployment, adoption, and migration services.
- Cloud leadership and compliance—With over 100 global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, AICPA SOC 1/2/3, FISMA, FedRAMP, FERPA, EU Model Clauses, and contractual commitments to the GDPR—we offer customers trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security. Visit the Microsoft Trust Center today.
Beyond the great news and recognition from Forrester, at the recent SharePoint Conference 2019, the OneDrive and SharePoint team disclosed “Microsoft 365 innovations for the intelligent workplace” and “OneDrive announcements” – all signifying numerous features on the roadmap to further support and promote content and collaboration excellence.
Every day more and more customers like Accenture, Lowe’s, MGM and Autodesk turn to OneDrive and SharePoint for secure file sharing and collaboration from anywhere, on any device. To learn more about how OneDrive and SharePoint in Microsoft 365 can help you do more with teamwork, visit our website.
Get your own complimentary copy of The Forrester Wave™: ECM Content Platforms, Q3 2019 and The Forrester Wave™: Cloud Content Platforms, Q3 2019 reports.
– Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint team