Microsoft again recognized as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant ReportDecember 12, 2019
SharePoint powers content collaboration, intranets, and employee engagement across Microsoft 365—including Office, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and more—and is deeply integrated with the security and compliance of Microsoft 365, the world’s productivity cloud. Over 400,000 organizations now have SharePoint in Microsoft 365. With over 100 million monthly commercial active users, customers are turning to SharePoint for their mission critical content and processes, from financial contracts and global infrastructure projects, to building plans and employee benefits.
Today, we’re honored that for the third year in a row Gartner has recognized Microsoft as a Leader in the Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant for 2019. Once again, Microsoft placed highest in Ability to Execute.
Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms.*
Download a copy of the Gartner report to learn more.
Gartner defines these essential characteristics for modern content services platforms:
- Cloud scale—The ability to scale to meet the demands of the workforce. Provision of seamless connectivity to a broad ecosystem of suppliers, partners, and customers while delivering continuous innovation is essential.
- Protection—The provision of deeply embedded, flexible, and intelligent information governance, security, and privacy controls. This is essential to operate in a world of ever-increasing threats and regulatory demands.
- Fast time to value—The ability to deliver business value quickly, through the provision of prebuilt applications and citizen-developer-based tools, for example.
- User-centricity—A consumerized user experience with embedded mobility and consistency across devices. A focus on the overall user experience is of paramount importance for driving adoption and realizing the expected benefits of this technology.
- Intelligence—Advances in artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, including machine learning and deep neural networks, have enabled innovations for classification, productivity, and automation scenarios. Such capabilities should be embedded in all key areas of the platform—from security to collaboration—to align with the evolving expectations of the market.
Gartner interviews our customers every year as part of their research. So our customers are the real reason for our success, and we’re grateful to them for inspiring our innovations, including:
- SharePoint supporting customers from small businesses to organizations with hundreds of thousands of users and trillions of documents. Customers can store any file type, and now SharePoint and OneDrive support viewing over 320 file formats, including Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe Illustrator (AI), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, FISMA, PCI-DSS, and EU Model Clauses—and security tools like Advanced Data Governance for automated retention and records management, Data Loss Protection (DLP), eDiscovery, and MIP-based encryption—we offer customers trusted compliance and security.
- Microsoft 365 is easily connected and automated via Microsoft Power Automate to over 200 cloud and on-premises systems, enriched with Azure cognitive services, and extended with Microsoft Power Apps and the SharePoint framework for custom development.
- SharePoint is simple to set up, quick to customize, and easy to use. It empowers you to create beautiful, engaging pages and portals, enriched with video from Microsoft Stream and conversations from Yammer, to engage employees across your organization. And SharePoint powers shared content in Teams, the hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365.
- We apply the power of AI to content to help you learn more, make more informed decisions, be more productive, and keep more secure. This includes video and audio transcription, and mobile capture, to SharePoint, as well as other features to make Microsoft 365 the smartest place to store your content.
And we’re not done. We also recently announced Project Cortex, the first new service in Microsoft 365 since the launch of Teams. Project Cortex uses content and AI to deliver insights and expertise in the apps you use every day, to harness collective knowledge and to empower people and teams to learn, upskill, and innovate faster.
Here’s an example of how topic cards from Project Cortex add knowledge in the flow of your work:
Topic card in Microsoft 365.
You can catch up with our latest Microsoft Content Services customer stories, feature announcements and walkthroughs, white papers, and more at our Content Services Resource Center. In addition, you can learn more about the Microsoft Content Services Partner Program and its charter members who help customers succeed and achieve more with their content in Microsoft 365.
Thanks again to all our customers and partners. We look forward to doing more for you in 2020.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, Michael Woodbridge, Marko Sillanpaa, Lane Severson, 30 October 2019
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of larger research documents and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner documents are available upon request from Microsoft. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.