Introducing new videos on security and risk fundamentals of the Microsoft cloud environmentOctober 22, 2019
We are excited to announce some great new videos to help you familiarize yourself with the Microsoft Cloud security, privacy and risk practices!
If you are performing risk and security assessments you could benefit from these videos to learn how Microsoft is managing risks appropriately to ensure your customer data is secure and protected.
A Cloud Adoption Risk Assessment requires a thorough understanding of your Cloud Service Provider (CSP)’s security, privacy, and risk practices. These videos are designed to help you understand how Microsoft deploys a “defense in depth” strategy to secure hardware, software, and processes to safeguard customer data.
Every business has different needs along their journey to the cloud and these videos are a great way to easily get information regarding the fundamentals of our cloud environment.
We have six videos in all, and they can be found on Microsoft Office 365 YouTube Channel:
• Microsoft Online Services Incident Management – This video will walk you through how Online Services investigates, manages, and responds to security concerns so that customers’ data is secure and protected.
• Microsoft Online Services Continuity Management – This video will walk you through how Online Services anticipates, plans for, and addresses failures at the hardware, network, and datacenter levels.
• Office 365 Security Development and Operation – This video will walk you through how Online Services combines holistic and practical approaches to reduce the number and severity of vulnerabilities and the Security Development Lifecycle–or SDL.
• Office 365 Access Controls – This video will walk you through how Online Services operates under the principle of Zero Standing Access, meaning our personnel, by default, never have standing access to customer data; learn the ins-and-outs of access, including the varying types of customer accounts and the limits to access.
• Office 365 Vulnerability Management – This video will walk you through how Online Services employs vast resources to stop attackers from compromising the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of services.
• Office 365 Audit Logging and Monitoring – This video will walk you through how Online Services provides many capabilities to evaluate and strengthen the security posture of customer-managed environments; learn about services and features such as security auditing, logging, and reporting.
More resources can be found on Service Trust Portal.