Microsoft cloud content services
Enterprise content management ECM
The next wave of ECM
Content Services is a core offering for Microsoft in Office 365, OneDrive and SharePoint. Our tenets:
- ECM needs to embrace a holistic approach to managing the entire lifecycle of document creation, sharing, consumption, reuse, knowledge, and records management, archiving and disposal.
- Content Services covers the first mile as well as the final nine of a document's lifespan. We call this content velocity – as content moves through an organization it gains value as it accelerates information discovery.
- Content Services is people-centric – allowing for personal management (copy/move, hashtags) and organizational management (knowledge management, retention and records management, information lifecycle management).
- Policy and security: intelligent, simple, and automated – protect content at all phases of its life
As announced at Ignite 2019, learn more about Project Cortex - your knowledge network in Microsoft 365, empowering people with knowledge and expertise in the apps you use every day. Coming in 2020.Learn more
Need to know more? Download our white paper “Modernizing Enterprise Content Management with Microsoft Content Services” and learn more about our broad range of content capabilities.
Security and compliance questions? Just look at our white paper “File Security in SharePoint and Office 365” for an overview of security and compliance best practices.
Get started by downloading our free eBook about content services in Office 365.Learn more
Learn more about Microsoft's Content Services in our new interactive Sway presentation – with enriched videos and graphics.
Microsoft Mechanics - Enterprise Content Management updates in SharePoint
SharePoint content services (ECM): What's new and what's coming
See firsthand how we continue to push Enterprise Content Management (ECM) forward into the modern content services world. SharePoint in the cloud is far more performant than classic server-based platforms. In this session, get a tour of our latest and upcoming innovations for reusing, creating, collaborating, and protecting information through its lifecycle. SharePoint has numerous key ECM capabilities (intake, content types, bulk edits, retention, data governance labels) across each of these scenarios to make content management easier and more manageable.
Available on-demand now.
Content Services Partner Program
If you're a partner, or looking for one, check out our Microsoft Content Services Partner Program.Learn more
NEW! Microsoft recognized as a Leader again in Gartner MQ for Content Services Platforms 2019
We’re honored that for the third year in a row Gartner has recognized Microsoft as a Leader in the Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant for 2019. Once again, Microsoft placed highest in Ability to Execute.Learn more
SharePoint evaluated as a Leader in latest edition of The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content ManagementLearn more
Hershey enhances global brands and productivity with cloud technology
Case study spotlighting use of Office 365 for content creation and sharing to generate new content with internal and external partners for creative briefs.Learn more
Cummins powers a modern workplace with Office 365 Content Services
“Today, we have an enterprise data management solution that adheres to our document classification and retention policies using Microsoft SharePoint Online.” - Josh Littrell - Director of Corporate ITLearn more
Security & Compliance
NEW! MIcrosoft Office 365 GxP FDA Qualification Guidelines
Microsoft has the necessary technical and procedural controls to maintain the Office 365 platform in a state of control by preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our customers’ data. This document identifies the shared responsibilities between Microsoft and our life sciences customers for meeting regulatory requirements, such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11.Learn more
Office 365 Trust Center
Learn about all the compliance and industry certifications offered in Office 365.Learn more
eBook: Security you can trust, control you can count on
This eBook provides an overview of Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business security and compliance capabilities designed to address the modern workstyleLearn more
Manage Content at Scale with SharePoint Libraries
Learn more about how to manage large pools of content in Office 365 with this self service demo. It's a tour of OneDrive publishing, Flow, metadata editing in Word, the filters pane, file previews, attention views, bulk editing, data governance labels, and communication sites.Show me
- Demo: Managing content at scale with SharePoint Libraries
- Demo: Streamline business processes with Microsoft Flow
- Demo: Improve back office processes with Office 365
- Demo: Increase your team's productivity with Office 365
- Demo: Enforcing your records management policies with Office 365
- Demo: Explore how Office 365 is driving dynamic intelligence
- Demo: Deliver content to critical processes with Microsoft 365
- Demo: Easily generate new content with Microsoft Flow
- Demo: Enable document management with Microsoft 365
- Demo: Integrate horizontal applications with Microsoft Teams
- Demo: Build powerful engagement experiences with Microsoft 365
- Demo: Integrate business critical content with Microsoft Flow
Industry Panel Discussion
Content Services Roundtable – Learn from experts about the future of content services in our video discussion featuring:
- John Mancini (AIIM)
- Cheryl McKinnon (Forrester)
- Ian Story (Microsoft)