Operating since 1910 and headquartered in Connecticut, Stanley Black & Decker is a leading American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of home security products.
Looking to move away from their legacy OpenText eRoom collaboration platform and adopt one corporate collaboration platform, the manufacturer worked with Verinon to migrate to Office 365 and use SharePoint as their single collaboration platform.
Stanley Black & Decker choose SharePoint as their collaboration corporate platform more than 13 years ago. The absence of a reliable migration tool and a reluctance to manually move due to heavy business dependency left the organization supporting two collaboration solutions – watching one ﬂourish and the other wither. As a company, they watched the evolution of SharePoint from their initial on-premises deployment to the Office 365 oﬀering, which the company was leveraging; moving to a single platform made perfect sense. In addition, their aging legacy eRoom solution had limited oversight tools and they found it increasingly difficult to manage internally.
Their desire to remove the risk associated with the legacy eRoom solution and harmonize by fully leveraging Office 365 as a platform drove Stanley Black & Decker to seek out a partner that could help them with the following:
- Migration of internal and external-facing eRoom content to Oﬃce 365 while meeting specific requirements and deadlines
- Turnkey migration services to address internal bandwidth issues
To meet these objectives and accomplish this turnkey migration project, Stanley Black & Decker engaged the Verinon team to leverage its global migration services.
The ability to seamlessly integrate Verinon’s document and collaboration services with other Microsoft Oﬃce tools while standardizing on a common platform was a huge beneﬁt for both IT (from a management perspective) and the business users they support. This provided a single repository for all content without the need to support and deploy additional plug-ins to the users’ desktop.
By deploying Verinon’s services methodology and using their Easy2Share migration tool, the delivery team was able to complete the migration on time and within the budgetary needs of the client.
Verinon’s services migration services methodology consists of the following:
- Analysis of the customer’s eRoom environment through robust reporting
- Planning for issues relating to user permissions and platform diﬀerences requiring change management and possible customizations
- Extraction of all content and associated privileges from the source system
- Transformation of all source content and user privileges through the Easy2Share tool into a staging environment
- Loading of all objects into SharePoint
- Validation by the Verinon services team that the content is accurate and migrated per customer requirements
- Handover of the newly migrated content to business owners/users
received very positive feedback after several months of the system’s utilization.
Among the most important business beneﬁts noted by the manufacturer follow:
- Vastly reduced the amount of time necessary to migrate content
- Allowed for them to focus on critical tasks instead of the migration
- Modiﬁcation of the migration tool on the ﬂy to accommodate their unique needs
- Migration of over 8 Terabytes of data with 100% accuracy based on customer need
Verinon were the answer to a long standing problem: How to guarantee the migration of 8TB of content often stored in proprietary formats from a legacy collaboration tool to SharePoint while maintaining hierarchy, permissions, and structure without burdening the team with an exhaustive manual process. Verinon provided the tools, technical competency, and a knowledgeable and easy to work with team to ensure a methodical and successful migration, on time and on budget.
- Gary Moss
Director Application Services Assurance
Stanley Black & Decker