Apply now for the SharePoint Business Apps Partner ProgramOctober 29, 2018
Business apps are usually no code solutions, assembled by “makers” (power users or developers). In Microsoft 365, business apps are usually built with tools including lists, PowerApps, Flow, Microsoft Forms, and/or Power BI.
We’ve heard from hundreds of partners this year asking for increased support as we deliver the next generation of business apps with Microsoft 365 to our customers. Last month at Ignite 2018, we announced the initial members of the SharePoint Business Applications partner program.
We received hundreds of applications last summer, but unfortunately were not able to accept everyone. Our initial pool of partners was selected based on proven customer success, as shared in our case studies.
Partners selected to participate in the program will receive numerous benefits, including:
- Use of logos recognizing the partner as “Microsoft Preferred” and a Charter Member of the program
- Access to compete and go-to-market collateral
- Future access to funding and incentives such as DPS with structured workshops, resources, and training
- Alignment and referral to the Microsoft field
- Inclusion in the partner portfolio
- Quarterly NDA briefings from the Microsoft product team
- Invitation to annual Microsoft 365 Business Apps Summit (tentatively March 2019)
- Distribution and amplification of approved partner/customer case studies
- Additional marketing support
We are accepting a second and final wave of applications from now through November 10, 2018 for the 2018-2019 program year. With the registration deadline approaching, Microsoft is urging interested partners to register for the program now.
This is a competitive program, with a limited number of slots available. Some quick guidance about our criteria:
- Partners should be registered Microsoft Partners in good standing.
- Quantity and quality of customer evidence matters. (case studies, blind studies, internal references, etc.) At least *one* must already have acceptable customer approval for publication by Microsoft. (That document is available through the application form.)
- We are looking for at least three pieces of verifiable customer success; although more is always preferred.
- Solutions must be aligned to business apps; avoid sending case studies on portals, collaboration, and content services. Application architectures should leverage SharePoint Lists and/or integrate PowerApps, Flow, Power BI and/or Microsoft Forms
- Partner solutions based on legacy, on-premises, deprecated, or non-Microsoft solutions will not be considered.
- Diversity of partner size, geography, alignment to program capabilities, and ability to amplify Microsoft messaging to customers through your technical and business development teams are positive factors.
Full details, along with terms and conditions of the program are available on the registration form.
If you’re interested in learning about the program, visit our program page SharePoint Business Applications Partner Program. Applications will run through November 10th. Don’t miss out!