Announcing a new Whiteboard for your Surface HubMay 23, 2019
We are excited to announce that the most up-to-date version of Microsoft Whiteboard will roll out to the original Surface Hub over the next few weeks. This update will bring Surface Hubs onto the same version of the app currently available for Windows 10 PCs, iOS devices, and web (preview), radically expanding the possibilities for freeform collaboration across platforms. The updated version also incorporates many requested capabilities, including:
- Boards automatically save to the cloud for signed-in users
- Improved collaboration features, including inviting and removing access for specific users, and presence bubbles to show who is actively working on the current board
- Many new canvas features, including sticky notes, images, and text entry
- Convert photos of physical whiteboards to digital ink
- Improve legibility of your handwritten ink
- Additional background colors, pen colors, and nib sizes
- Whiteboard in Teams meetings
The updated Microsoft Whiteboard app will replace the Whiteboard 2016 app on a rolling basis starting on May 22, 2019, and may take a few weeks to roll out fully. No action is required, unless Microsoft Store app automatic updates have been disabled.
To find out more, please visit our support articles for end-users and for admins. And in the meantime, download the Whiteboard apps for Windows 10 and iOS to start collaborating across devices immediately.